It’s the last Q&A of this year. Check it out!
1. We couldn’t help but notice that there weren’t many GB figures on sale during the Black Friday sale and even the speical Halloween Ghostbusters sale didn’t have many GB items. Is there any chance the figures that were released earlier this year (GB2 12″ 2 packs, RTBY Peter, Zuul) will be on sale again, or are those items completely gone for good?
That is simply because stock was not avail. The GB 6″ line is winding down or at least on hiatus whole we wait on news from our partners at Sony on the future of the property!
2. Is King Grayskull’s lion’s “offical” name Battle Lion or is it just a fan name for it? As it was never mentioned in the 200X cartoon.
Yes, we like to use (the name) Battle Lion for Grayskull’s mount if the toy ever happens.
3. Obviously Granamyr is a lot of original sculpt (practically the whole thing!) but was he potentially designed to have any parts reused down the line?
Nope. He reuses Draego-Man’s wings but otherwise he has always been considered a new sculpt.
Editor’s Note: Well now that I found out his shoulders aren’t balljoints, I’m glad.
4. Was the Temple of Darkness Sorceress figure a success? Obviously you guys already have another exclusive con figure planned this year, but did she do well enough that this promotion is considered a viable way to get out unique variants and extras?
Well she sold out completely so yes, that would pretty much make her a success.
Editor’s Note: So she actually sold out? Cool.
5. The WWE figures on Matty have mostly been immune to sales. They never really appear in Mad Matty and although there was a discount on Black Friday, it wasn’t directly related to them. How come the WWE figures haven’t had a sale?
We haven’t needed to offer them at a discount.
If you have questions you’d like submitted to Mattel, email me or reply here with a question and I’ll try to get it asked. No matter what your question, I will ask it of Mattel. I need some good questions folks.