1. Will the Batman Beyond figure with the wings and new headsculpt still be released? If so, where?
This one is a little harder as he is not an original character the way Damien or Larfleeze was. If fans would like to see him released as a sub slot, let us know and we can look at this for late 2014 or early 2015. But our feeling is that fans would prefer wholly originally characters in the sub as we only have 12 slots. Let us know!
2. Certain figures are not offered day of sale. Whether by coicidence or intention, those have typically been popular, fan requested characters. If this is done to help lock in people who may be on the fence about subscribing, wouldn’t it be more prudent to say specifically which characters won’t be offered day of sale while the subs are still available for purchase?
Many times we do not know until closer to the sale whether or not there will be day of stock. There are a lot of behind the scene logistics involved.
3. Will the D23 exclusive “Small Fry Buzz Lightyear” be available on mattycollector.com after D23 in the same way that the D23 exclusive “Woody’s Roundup” Black and White Woody and Television set was avilable to purchase on mattycollector.com? If so, when will it be released for sale?
No, we won’t be offering this on Mattycollector.com.
4. Is the only way a “The Dark Knight Returns” Superman, which is compatible with the previously released TDKR Batman, may be made available to consumers is if TDKR Superman is included in the DCIE subscription?
At this time, the only way the 6″ 4HM style will continue is if we get enough sub holders for 2014. There are no plans right now for this style to continue at retail.
5. Do the number of MOTUC figures produced vary from sku to sku? If so, what determines if a particular character has more or less figures produced?
Yes, but that is a trade secret!
As always, if you have questions you’d like submitted to Mattel email me or reply here with a question and I’ll try to get it asked.