1. Did having the actors of Blade and Saurod coming out in support of MOTUC help increase their chances of getting made into figures, any?
Time will tell! We certain feel obligated to them!
Editor’s Note: That sounds like they may have boosted up a bit. I wouldn’t be surprised if Blade wasn’t already on the list anyway, but I guess we’ll see.
2. Obviously MOTUC struggled to meet it’s numbers this year, but once we crossed the finish line it seemed to be with a pretty good stride. TG mentioned something new possibly getting greenlit because of the strong finish. Are there always secret projects like this that could be greenlit if sales were stupendous? Perhaps that should have been teased before the sub sign ups were ending.
We didn’t want to tease it in case it didn’t happen. We hate to disappoint.
3. How big of a challenge was it to get Granamyr made given the smaller production runs and difficulty within Mattel to allow MOTUC more money?
It was very challenging due to the overall low sales of MOTUC (compared to any other Mattel line) but luckily MOTU has a very dedicated team who is are also fans and try push the envelope all the time!
4. Any idea if there will be a Mad Matty sale coming up? Or some sort of sale in October like there was last year on the site?
Nothing to announce right now.
5. Last year you guys skipped C2E2 because of their date change. The year before you had a pretty good presence. Will you be attending C2E2 in 2013? People in the Chicago area really miss Mattel’s presence and we want a chance to buy some of those con exclusives!
We are not yet ready to announce our 2013 convention plans. All we can confirm is SDCC 2013 at this time.
Remember as always, if you have questions you’d like submitted to Mattel, email me or reply here with a question and I’ll try to get it asked.